Thank you for your interest in being a member of ECL!
Benefits of Membership
ECL members benefit from being part of a unique pan-European organisation comprised only of non-governmental cancer organisations and therefore offer exclusive opportunities to further cancer control in Europe, especially at the EU level. Some of the benefits of being an ECL member include the following:
- contribute to ECL lobbying at the EU;
- with aid of ECL Secretariat, seek support from other cancer leagues;
- lead on areas with ECL league inputs;
- network with those with similar interests;
- share best-practices and challenges;
- attend important and relevant meetings open only to ECL member leagues, such as roundtable discussions, workshops, and EU Parliamentary meetings, including the newly re-established MAC II (MEPs Against Cancer II);
- as an ECL member, be part of the important European Partnership for Action Against Cancer, where ECL is leading on health promotion and cancer prevention;
- with support of the ECL Secretariat in Brussels, collaborate with other European organisations on priority cancer and other health issues;
- represent ECL when agreed in advance at international meetings, such as the European Commission’s Alcohol and Health Forum; and
- participate in the development of international guidelines and recommendations, e.g., Sun Safety recommendations.
Members also enjoy the following support for activities and capacity-building:
- Subsidies to all leagues for the attendance of our skin cancer and melanoma meetings, and for low-income leagues to our other meetings (Patient Support, Relay for Life roundtables, etc., around 200 – 500 €);
- Subsidies for sending experts to ECL annual meetings;
- Opportunity to apply for a bursary to attend an international fundraising congress (worth over 2,000 € per participant- given out to 4-5 leagues between 2007 and 2010).
- Possibility to use ECL office and Secretariat support in Brussels for meetings with other leagues.
The Secretariat and ECL activities are funded mainly from league membership fees, calculated at 0.1% of the league’s income, which are currently with a minimum fee of 1,500 € to a maximum of 14,500 €. Other supports include labelled donations and sponsorships from private sources.
How to apply
- formal letter of expression of interest
- official copy of the statutes of the organisation
- brief description of the administrative structure of the organisation
- last annual report and accounts
Do not hesitate to contact us for further information. We look forward to hearing from you!
Last Updated on Monday, 08 October 2012 07:19