Showlist about ecl
We Are Making a Difference in Cancer Prevention and Control
21st CZECH DAY AGAINST CANCER - FLOWER DAY
Our traditional fundraising and preventive event was held on 10th May.
Every year we focus on one oncological disease and everyone who buys the calendula flower receives a leaflet with cancer preventive information as well.
This year our main topic is “Head and Neck Cancer“. During the whole year campaign we draw attention to risk factors, symptoms, treatment and we emphasise the possibilities of cancer prevention.
Flower Day in numbers:
• 1 press conference
• 946 000 yellow calendula flowers with dark blue ribbon
• 946 000 leaflets with Head and Neck cancer information
• more than 14 000 volunteers in yellow T-shirts
• 7 200 cash bags
• 1 150 towns and villages all over the Czech Republic
• more than 1 000 cooperating organisations (schools, patient´s clubs, Scout and Pioneer divisions and others)
• 1 Theatre performance
• 4 Dancing workshops
Thanks to the huge effort and enthusiasm of all involved we raised more than € 700 000 !
The net income goes to our main long term programmes – cancer prevention, support of oncological patients and support of cancer research projects, non-smoking projects, hospice care.
As a great thank to all who support the Flower Day we always organise a festive concert of gratitude in Bethlehem Chapel in Prague.