Thank you for your interest.
Volunteers always welcome!
Vacancy Notice: ECL Office Manager, Administration and Finance
Reports To: ECL Director
Conditions: Full-time employment with an initial contract of up to six months, renewable to a contract of unlimited duration
Start Date: ASAP
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), a pan-European NGO, has an immediate vacancy for a full-time Office Manager.
We are seeking a dynamic and positive person to join our small team of 5 persons. The purpose of this position is to support the ECL Secretariat and Board and to work with the ECL Treasurer, external Accountant and Auditor to ensure that ECL meets financial, administrative and HR legal requirements:
● Manage the office, HR and other administrative matters; and
● Perform tasks related to the financial and accounting requirements for our NGO, especially related to adhering to and reporting back on EU-funded activities.
Administrative and Communications Responsibilities
● Ensure that ECL complies with legal requirements as a non-profit (ASBL);
● Manage services provided by suppliers (office rental, office and equipment maintenance, internet, supplies, etc.) and keep all contract files updated, ensure procurement procedures are followed, manage general office insurances and files updated;
● Organise meeting logistics, such as printing agendas, registering participants, organising travel and accommodation for staff and speakers, and arranging for catering;
● Manage telephone calls and incoming mail, emails and any external requests, ensuring appropriate distribution and follow-up in a timely manner;
● Produce monthly newsletters from information from staff, members, EU news and external organisations;
● Ensure on a daily basis that the ECL homepage is up-to-date;
● Contribute to editing of the ECL website; and
● Perform other duties as needed, such as handling reimbursements, meeting reports, and other administrative tasks to support other colleagues.
● Prepare and monitor financial reporting and requirements for EU funds;
● Track income and expenditure on a weekly basis;
● Issue invoices and follow up with members in a timely manner;
● Manage invoices;
● Manage reimbursements to staff and meeting participants;
● Prepare quarterly reports to Treasurer;
● Prepare budgets and other financial reports to the Board;
● Present financial situation to the Board and the General Assembly;
● Liaise closely with the Board Treasurer, external Auditor and external Accountant;
● Advise the Board and staff on financial matters;
● Prepare quarterly finance reports, including budget vs actuals; and
● Liaise with bank.
● Ensure that ECL complies with Belgian HR policies, procedures and all legal requirements, including ensuring that HR staff regulations and policies are up to date;
● Prepare employment contracts and facilitate employee changes including supporting staff recruitment;
● Manage payroll and ensure that staff are enrolled in compulsory Belgium benefits, fiscal and social plans; and
● Ensure that employee files and data are accurate.
● Organised and attention to detail;
● Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
● Formal education in a related field;
● Experienced working in the European context;
● Experience or familiarity with financial reporting for EU-funded projects;
● Available to travel at least once a year to our General Assembly meeting in Europe;
● Excellent PC skills;
● Excellent communication skills; and
● Authorised to work in Belgium.
● Fluency in Dutch;
● Specialised degree or certificate in accounting and/or administration;
● Experience with Sage BOB50.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time employment with an initial contract up to six months, renewable to a contract of unlimited duration period. Salary offered will commensurate with experience. Office is in Brussels.
Starting date: ASAP
Forward your application by 15 February 2018 with the following (applications with missing information will NOT be considered):
1. Cover letter on your motivations, qualifications, and (no more than one A4 page);
2. Full curriculum vitae with 3 references.
3. Salary requirements.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews during the last week of February in Brussels.
ECL is a smoke-free workplace, compliant with Belgian regulations.
Deadline for Applications: 15 February 2018
Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL)
479 Chaussée de Louvain
1030 Brussels, Belgium
UICC: Africa Regional Director, Senior Advocacy Manager – National Commitments, Senior Advocacy Manager – Global Commitments