Thank you for your interest.
Volunteers always welcome!
Vacancy Notice: Financial Officer at 25-50%* (to be agreed)
Open until filled
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), a pan-European NGO, has an immediate vacancy for a Financial Officer at half-time or less. The contract is for one year (January 2017 - December 2017) with possibility of a 3-year renewal depending on renewal of funds.
We are seeking a dynamic and positive person to join our small team of 6 persons. The main role of this Financial Officer is to be responsible for the day-to-day financial and accounting activities for our NGO, especially related to adhering and reporting back on EU co-funded activities.
- Prepare and monitor financial reporting and requirements for EU-funded grants;
- Review and maintain the General Ledger;
- Keep track of and pay bills;
- Prepare budgets and other financial reports to Board;
- Present financial situation to Board and General Assembly;
- Work closely with Board Treasurer, external Auditor and external Accountant;
- Advise Board and staff on financial matters;
- Contribute as needed in other tasks in our small office environment.
- Organised and attention to details;
- Fluent spoken and written English;
- Formal education in business, administration, accounting or similar;
- Experienced working in the European context;
- Some experience in financial reporting for EU-funded projects
- Available to travel at least once a year to our General Assembly meeting in Europe;
- Excellent PC skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Authorised to work in Belgium.
- Fluency in at least one other European language;
- Specialised degree or certificate in accounting;
- Knowledge of the BOB SAGE accounting software.
Terms of employment:
This is a one-year contract in compliance with Belgian legal requirements, with a probation period of approximately 1 month. Remuneration is approximately 1 400€ gross for this half-time* position.
ECL's non-smoking office is located in Brussels.
Starting date: ASAP
Your application must include:
1.Cover Letter on your motivations and qualifications (no more than a A4-page);
2.Full Curriculum Vitae with 3 references. (Please note that we shall also wish to contact your previous employers.)
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for interviews. The interview will include a job-related skills test.
Please forward your application by email: FinancialVacancy(at)europeancancerleagues.org with "Financial Officer Vacancy" in the subject line (no telephone calls accepted).
Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL)
479 Chaussée de Louvain
1030 Brussels, Belgium
*between 10 to 19 hours per week.
UICC: Africa Regional Director, Senior Advocacy Manager – National Commitments, Senior Advocacy Manager – Global Commitments