See the skin cancer prevention message in the revised European Code Against Cancer:
Avoid too much sun, especially for children. Use sun protection.
Do not use sunbeds.
ECL's actions in the area of skin cancer include:
- Skin Cancer Awareness Day 2015! March 2015 TBC, with EADV.
- Skin Cancer Awareness Day 2013! European Parliament event on UV exposure as occupational risk, with Euromelanoma and EADV, 5 December 2013.
- Skin Cancer Awareness Day 2012! European Parliament event on sunbed legislations in collaboration with Euromelanoma and EADV, 4 December 2012.
- European Week Against Cancer 2012, Rome, 1 June, Sun Awareness: an Innovative Approach, by Prof. Cristiana Fonseca, Liga Portuguesa Contra o Cancro
- European Week Against Cancer 2012, Rome, 1 June, Prevention and Early Diagnosis of Skin Cancer, by Prof Antonio Cozzio, Switzerland
- European Week Against Cancer 2011, Brussels, 26 May, Scientific Seminar presentation on UV and Cancer Prevention, by Dr Günther Hofbauer, Department of Dermatology, University Hospital Zurich
- UV Radiation and Cancer debate at the European Parliament in June 2010
- Skin Cancer session (details and download presentations here) at the UICC World Cancer Congress, August 2008
- "Melanoma: Prevention and Early Diagnosis" Parliamentary event, 3 June 2008.
- ECL Workshop on "Sun Safety Media Campaigns: What Works", 3 June 2008.
- ECL Sun Safety Recommendations
- ECL Workshop on "Being Sunsmart in Europe: Roundtable on Recommendations" 4 May 2007
Some of ECL's actions on skin cancer are funded by an unrestricted educational grant from Garnier International.
IMPORTANT NOTE: ECL has a strict policy where none of ECL's financial contributors has any involvement or say in our plans or actions and all funding requests are initiated by ECL!