Please note some important information before you attend our MEPs Against Cancer (MAC) meetings:
- Make sure to have your photo ID ready, with the same information you provided when you registered on our site. Names are checked against the approved list.
- Participants meet right inside the entrance of the Luxembourg Square side (the Luxembourg Square side is where there is a large space next to the Luxembourg train station), and not Rue Wiertz itself unless we have informed you otherwise. If you have arrived at Rue Wiertz, go up the steps around to the Luxembourg Square side.
- Please make sure you are inside the building AT LEAST 20 minutes before the meeting start time (or as informed by us) for security clearance, since all participants must be escorted through security at the same time. Look for the group or one of us usually holding a MAC or ECL sign.
- Do not be late, to avoid the risk of missing the official escorted group and therefore the meeting.
- Security into the Parliament building is similar to that of the airport and all items will go through a scanner: no sharp objects or other weapon-like items, however liquids are okay.
- MAC meetings are usually in the form of Roundtables to facilitate discussions and space is limited, thus we encourage early registration to secure a place. It is very important you let us know if you change your mind about attending a meeting so others can take your place.
DIRECTIONS and HOTELS
Arriving from Brussels Airport by Taxi:
Taxis with a taximeter are permanently available in front of the arrivals hall. The fare from the airport to the city centre of Brussels normally costs around EUR 45,00. Be aware of unlicensed taxis.
Arriving from Brussels Airport by Bus 12/21:
The Airport Line 12 or 21 is a 30-minute express service between Brussels Airport and the European quarter. The bus station is located on level 0 - one floor down from the arrivals hall. Get off at Place Luxembourg. It can take 40 minutes or more during rush hour. Bus and metro information are at www.stib.be.
Arriving from Brussels Airport by Train from Airport or Midi Station:
The train stop is Luxembourg (make sure you specify Luxembourg Station in Brussels, otherwise you may end up buying a ticket to the neighboring country!) If you take the train from the airport, trains are at the -1 level. Train schedules and connections are at www.belgianrail.be
At the Luxembourg station main floor, go up the set of steps next to the bicycle shop. The Parliament entrance will be a little farther and on your right.
There are many hotels close to the EU Quarters area and they can be found via a simple internet search. Prices can fluctuate from 80€ to 400€ for the SAME HOTEL depending on demand, so book early to get better rates!