Showlist cancer in europe
Making a Difference in Cancer Prevention and Control
the pearl of wisdom.jpg
Here you will find answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
European Guide on Quality Improvement in Comprehensive Cancer Control (CANCON - https://cancer-fi.directo.fi/en/organisation/cancon/) 2014-2017)
The EU keeps cancer on its agenda with the Joint Action 2014-2017 "Development of the European Guide on Quality Improvement in Comprehensive Cancer Control" ("CanCon"). It is again led by the National Institute of Public Health Slovenia and as with EPAAC, CANCON's actions are toward achieving the goal of reducing cancer incidence by 15% by 2020:
1) by identifying key elements and quality standards for comprehensive cancer control in Europe and preparing an evidence-based European guide on quality improvement in comprehensive cancer control; and
2) by facilitating cooperation and exchange of best practice between EU countries, to identify and define key elements to ensure optimal, comprehensive cancer care. Its core technical areas of work are in the following areas:
- Work package 4: Guide Coordination
- Work package 5: Platform for Member States' cooperation
- Work package 6: Integrated cancer care
- Work package 7: Community-level cancer control
- Work package 8: Survivorship & Rehabilitation
- Work package 9: Screening
ECL member Cancer Society of Finland is responsible for the horizontal work package on dissemination (Work Package 2), led by its Secretary General Sakari Karjalainen. ECL is the Cancer Society's Associated Partner for dissemination at the European level. ECL will organize policy conferences annually to inform policy makers, health professionals, and NGOs on the status of CANCON. The first CANCON Policy Conference is planned for Autumn of 2014, and subsequent Policy Conferences during the European Week Against Cancer end of May in 2015 and 2016.
More information on CANCON is available on the ECL website and on the Cancer Society of Finland's CANCON section https://cancer-fi.directo.fi/en/organisation/cancon/.