Making a Difference in Cancer Prevention and Control
a minister web.jpg
anti smoking protest websize.jpg
tc panels power of comm.jpg
The ECL ECToH Young Professional Award is to recognize and support newer careerist professionals that have advanced tobacco control in areas of research, advocacy, policy and practice. The award is granted to participants judged on the quality of the abstracts and their CVs submitted to the conference.
The winner will be presented with the ECL/ECToH Young Professional Award in Porto by the President of the Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), Dr Sakari Karjalainen.
1st Prize: travel grant up to €3.000 to attend the next WCToH congress in Capetown, South Africa in March 2018 (travel, accommodation, etc.) in order to present his/her work and to maintain a network at global level. This travel grant is provided by the Cancer Society of Finland.
2nd Prize: €600 ECL subsidy for attending the 2017 ECToH.
3rd Prize: €400 ECL subsidy for attending the 2017 ECToH.
An award winning ceremony will take place during in Porto.
Criteria for application
DEADLINE: 26 January 2017
• Age 35 years or younger at the time of the application deadline;
• Presently active in tobacco control including research, advocacy, policy or practice;
• Abstract has been submitted to ECToH 2017;
• Never been affiliated with the tobacco industry, directly or indirectly
1) motivation letter
3) submitted abstract to ECToH 2017
The applications are reviewed by selected ECToH committee members, and suggestions for nominations are sent to the ECL board, who votes on the winners.
Criteria for evaluation
• Efforts will be given to recognize individuals working (either paid or volunteer) from WHO EURO Member States;
• In the abstract submitted awardees will have contributed to advancing tobacco control in the following ways:
ECL has the permanent responsibility of organising the European Conferences on Tobacco or Health (ECToH), which take place every two to three years and hosted by an ECL member in Europe.
6th ECToH: the 6th European Conference on Tobacco or Health took place in 2014 in Istanbul, Turkey.
It was hosted by the Turkish Association for Cancer Research and Control, in collaboration with the National Coalition Against Smoking of Turkey.