Part- or Full-Time
Emphasis on Administrative and Finance Skills – Apply by 27 October 2019
Reports To: ECL Director
Conditions: 50% to 100% employment
Start Date: ASAP
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), a pan-European NGO, has an immediate vacancy for a part- or full-time Office Manager.
Are you a dynamic and positive person looking to be an important member of a small team? You will support the ECL Secretariat and Board, and work with the ECL Treasurer, external Accountant and Auditor to ensure that we meet financial, administrative and HR legal requirements:
- Manage the office, HR and other administrative matters; and
- Perform tasks related to the financial and accounting requirements for our small NGO, especially related to adhering to and reporting back on EU-funded activities.
Administrative and Communications Responsibilities
- Ensure that ECL complies with legal requirements as a non-profit (ABSL);
- Manage services provided by suppliers (office rental, office and equipment maintenance, internet, supplies, etc.) and keep all contract files updated, ensure procurement procedures are followed, manage general office insurances and files updated;
- Organise meeting logistics, such as printing agendas, registering participants, organising travel and accommodation for staff and speakers, and arranging for catering;
- Manage telephone calls and incoming mail, emails and any external requests, ensuring appropriate distribution and follow-up in a timely manner;
- Produce monthly newsletters from information from staff, members, EU news and external organisations;
- Ensure on a daily basis that the ECL homepage is up-to-date;
- Contribute to editing the ECL website and social media dissemination; and
- Perform other duties as needed, such as handling reimbursements, meeting reports, and other administrative tasks to support other colleagues.
- Prepare and monitor financial reporting and requirements for EU funds;
- Track income and expenditure on a weekly basis;
- Issue invoices and follow up with members in a timely manner;
- Keep track of and pay bills;
- Manage reimbursements to staff and meeting participants;
- Prepare quarterly reports to Treasurer;
- Prepare budgets and other financial reports to Board;
- Present financial situation to Board and General Assembly;
- Liaise closely with Board Treasurer, external Auditor and external Accountant;
- Advise Board and staff on financial matters;
- Prepare quarterly finance reports, including budget vs actuals; and
- Liaise with bank
- Ensure that ECL complies with Belgian HR policies, procedures and all legal requirements, including ensuring that HR staff regulations and policies are up to date;
- Prepare employment contracts and facilitate employee changes including supporting staff recruitment;
- Manage payroll and ensure that staff are enrolled in compulsory Belgium benefits, fiscal and social plans; and
- Ensure that employee files and data are accurate.
- Organised and attention to detail;
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English;
- Formal education in a related field;
- Experienced working in the European context;
- Some experience in financial reporting for EU-funded projects;
- Available to travel at least once a year to our General Assembly meeting in Europe;
- Excellent PC skills;
- Excellent communication skills; and
- Authorised to work in Belgium.
- Fluency in Flemish;
- Specialised degree or certificate in accounting and/or administration;
- Experience with Sage BOB50.
Terms of Employment:
This is a one-year contract in compliance with Belgian legal requirements with a six-month probation period, with the possibility to convert to an unlimited contract. Salary offered will commensurate with experience. Office is in 1030 Brussels.
Starting date: ASAP
Forward your application by 27 October with the following (applications with missing information will not be considered):
- Cover letter on your 1) motivations, 2) qualifications, 3) preference for % time, and 4) salary requirement (no more than one A4 page);
- Full curriculum vitae with 3 professional references.
Short-listed candidates will be notified by 3 November and invited for interviews mid- to late-November 2019.
ECL is a smoke-free workplace, compliant with Belgian regulations.
Please forward your application by e-mail: Director (at) europeancancerleagues.org (no telephone calls accepted).
Deadline for Applications: 27 October 2019.