Join our dynamic team as an Office Manager. Never a dull moment, we promise!
Part- or Full-Time
Emphasis on Finance and Administrative Skills – Open until filled
Reports To: ECL Director
Conditions: 50% to 100% employment
Start Date: ASAP
The Association of European Cancer Leagues (ECL), a pan-European NGO, has an immediate vacancy for a part- or full-time Office Manager. Are you a dynamic and positive person looking to be an important member of a small team? You will support the ECL Secretariat and Board, and work with the ECL Treasurer, external Accountant and Auditor to ensure that we meet financial, administrative and HR legal requirements:
- Manage the office, HR and other administrative matters; and
- Perform tasks related to the financial and accounting requirements for our small NGO, especially related to adhering to and reporting back on EU-funded activities.
Administrative and Communications Responsibilities
- Ensure that ECL complies with legal requirements as a non-profit (ASBL);
- Manage services provided by suppliers (office rental, office and equipment maintenance, internet, supplies, etc.) and keep all contract files updated, ensure procurement procedures are followed, manage general office insurances and files updated;
- Organise meeting logistics, such as printing agendas, registering participants, organising travel and accommodation for staff and speakers, and arranging for catering;
- Manage telephone calls and incoming mail, emails and any external requests;
- Perform other duties as needed, such as helping write meeting reports, and other administrative tasks to support other colleagues.
- Prepare and monitor financial reporting and requirements for EU funds;
- Track income and expenditure on a weekly basis;
- Issue invoices and follow up with members in a timely manner;
- Keep track of and pay bills;
- Manage reimbursements to staff and meeting participants;
- Prepare quarterly reports to Treasurer;
- Prepare budgets and other financial reports and present at Board meetings and to General Assembly;
- Liaise closely with Board Treasurer, external Auditor and external Accountant;
- Prepare quarterly finance reports, including budget vs actuals;
- Liaise with bank; and
- Other financial duties as needed.
- Ensure that ECL complies with Belgian HR policies, procedures and all legal requirements, including ensuring that HR staff regulations and policies are up to date;
- Prepare employment contracts and facilitate employee changes including supporting staff recruitment;
- Manage payroll and ensure that staff are enrolled in compulsory Belgium benefits, fiscal and social plans; and
- Ensure that employee files and data are accurate.
- ORGANISED and attention to detail;
- Fluent in spoken and written French AND English;
- Formal education in a related field;
- Experienced working in the European context;
- Some experience in financial reporting for EU-funded projects;
- Available to travel at least once a year to our General Assembly meeting in Europe;
- Excellent PC skills;
- Excellent prioritisation skills; and
- Authorised to work in Belgium.
- Fluency in Flemish;
- Specialised degree or certificate in accounting and/or administration;
- Experience with Sage BOB50.
Terms of Employment: Salary offered will commensurate with experience. Office is in 1030 Brussels.
Starting date: ASAP
Forward your application ASAP with the following (applications with missing information will not be considered):
- Cover letter no more than one A4 page on your a) motivations, b) qualifications, c) preference for % time, d) earliest availability, and e) salary requirement;
- Full curriculum vitae with 3 recent professional references.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
ECL is a smoke-free workplace, compliant with Belgian regulations. Please forward your application by e-mail: Director (at) europeancancerleagues.org (no telephone calls accepted ).
YOUTH AMBASSADORS FOR THE EUROPEAN CODE AGAINST CANCER
Applications for our Youth Ambassadors programme are now closed. The next call for applications will open in early 2021.
During 2018-21, ECL is hiring trainees twice a year for a 6-months paid placement through the EU Solidarity Corps. Our current trainee will work with us until September 2020. Watch this space and our social media handles for the next call for applications.